We are a Crucial Safeguard for Our Eugene Youth
The 15th Night serves as a safeguard for 300 of our Bethel-Eugene 4J students who do not have a parent or guardian to support them, or a permanent place to call home.
These vulnerable Eugene youth face an unacceptable risk of losing their childhood, sense of trust, education and hope if they find themselves on the street. The 15th Night is a community-wide partnership working to align and leverage existing resources in innovative ways to prevent youth from going out on the street, and intervening quickly if they do.
- No Eugene youth will drop out of school due to homelessness.
- Our community will rise to the expectation that Eugene youth should never have to navigate school and life alone.
- Eugene is a culture of caring and understanding for our youth experiencing homelessness.
- Eugene residents know how to intervene on behalf of a youth who has run away or experiencing homelessness.
- All young people in Eugene learn about the dangers of living on the street.
- All Eugene youth know how to get help and find safe alternatives to the street.
Youth Advisory Council members are currently homeless, in transition from homelessness and youth who have never been homeless but want to help. The Youth Advisory Council provides input and feedback about 15th Night youth-related topics.
Core Leadership Team is a small group within the larger Catalyst Team that supports agile and responsive decision-making and operational effectiveness.
Catalyst Team members represent our community and our stakeholders —they remove barriers and find creative solutions. Schools, public safety, business, service providers, faith organizations, government and the general public all have a place at the table to guide planning and ensure alignment.
Youth Advisory Council
Alex, 18 (founding member)
Jamica, 22 (founding member)
Makayla, 19 (founding member)
2018 Catalyst Team Members
City Manager, City of Eugene
Lieutenant Doug Mozan
Eugene Police Department
Early College & Career Options High School Principal,
Eugene 4J School District
President & CEO, United Way of Lane County
COO, Oregon Social Learning Center
Executive Director, One Hope
Executive Director, Willamette Family Services
Superintendent, Bethel School District
Eugene City Councilmen
CEO, Looking Glass Community Services
Deputy Administrator, Sheltercare
Executive Director, Hosea Youth Services
Principal & CEO, Sapient Private Wealth Management
Honorable Judge Valeri Love
Lane County Circuit Court
President & CEO, Northwest Community Credit Union